|Self Catering Holiday Cottage on the Isle of Skye © 2007 www.beautifulskye.co.uk|
1. Period of Hire. Letting normally commences at 4pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 10am on the day of departure. Lets are on a weekly basis and the maximum period of let is 3 weeks. The house is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking form. Please ensure you vacate by the requested time as our turnaround is very limited and our cleaners need this time to ensure the cottage is cleaned thoroughly for our next guests. Similarly, if you arrive early, the cottage may not be ready for your arrival.
2. Booking and Payment. A firm booking is accepted following completion of a booking form and confirmation of availability. Unless otherwise stated, a deposit of 25% of the rental fee is payable when a booking is made. The balance shall be payable 4 weeks before the commencement of the letting period. For bookings made less than 4 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking. Acceptable methods of payment are cheques drawn on a UK bank account, bank transfer (preferred) or cash. Payments may also be made by Paypal (although a charge of 4% is then payable on top of the rental fee) or by the LovetoEscape website (5% charge on top of rental fee).
3. Cancellations. Should a cancellation be made by the client, we will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If we are successful in doing so a refund will be made, if not the deposit will be forfeited by the client. If cancellation occurs less than 4 weeks prior to hire and we are unable to re-let for the period, the full fee will be forfeited by the client. If we are able to re-let, we will offer a reasonable refund at our discretion, depending on discounted rate of re-let.
4. Services. Use of electricity, fuel (logs and coal) and other services (including free Wifi) included in the weekly tariffs quoted.
5. Number of Persons using the property. The number of persons occupying the property should not exceed the maximum number of beds (6). Subletting is strictly prohibited.
6. Complaints. Should their be any cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please contact us immediately.
7. Breakage or Damage. We kindly ask that any items damaged should be replaced or remunerated. Please advise us of any breakage or damage that should occur during your stay. This ensures we can replace items ready for other guests. A note left at the cottage or an email will suffice.
8. Care of Property. The client shall take reasonable and proper care of the property, it's furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning. The cottage will be clean and tidy on your arrival and we expect it to be in a similar state when you depart. Please ensure you do not leave any washing up and please empty bins and recycling into the dustbin as you would at home.
9. Pets. Dogs are welcome by prior arrangement, but must be kept under careful control at all times. We kindly ask that dogs are not permitted on the furniture. Should any additional cleaning be required due to clients not respecting this request or due to any 'accidents' causing damage to the property, furniture or fixtures and fitting, we will ask for reimbursement for any costs to clean, replace or repair. We reserve the right to ask for a returnable deposit for dog owners at our discretion.
10. Liability. The owners shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property, unless this results from the owner's negligence.
11. Right of Entry. The owners reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
If you have any queries or questions, please contact us.
Back to top
Return to Last Page